View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed
I just mean that I want something that I can interact with more and which requires more thought, rather than just wandering through the scenarios and watching stuff happen without really doing much.
Didn't mean to put you on the spot. I asked so I could apply your idea of a "true adventure" to what I know about the game.

I do feel like there's a lot to do in this game. There are multiple things to look at on each screen (more on some screens than others) and of course there is a lot of dialogue. I wouldn't say that the puzzles are necessarily much harder than in the last game, but in general, there are more things to do (both required and optional).

The game is still geared at a younger or less experienced player than most of us are. But where the first game was tipped much more toward the younger / less experienced player, I feel like The Great Cow Race is more in the middle of the spectrum. On the plus side, the story that's told is much better than what you find in a lot of harder games (both because it's based on a good book, and because the designers are really good at translating story into gameplay).