View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Dasilva
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Mory, 18 is too young to be making the kind of decisions that will affect you the rest of your life. You are just on the threshhold of being an adult. If you're not quite ready to decide, then work at a job you can stand for a while, even part-time, to show that you are capable of doing this - trust me, working is easier than school. Talk to as many people your own age as you can, and find out what they will be doing to get some ideas, and what is available where you live.

There are many kinds of work that don't require college, like carpentry, plumbing, landscaping, laying floor tiles and rugs, heating and A/C, auto mechanic (talk to Scott), etc. These are the hands-on kinds of things and can be very rewarding to see your work when it's done. Making games requires college and is a very tough course, as well as very tough work, with a great deal of pressure on you to put out in long hours and not a great deal of pay.

Lynsie

I'm doing my degree in carpentry and when Im finished I can just walk in and work. I recommend you go to college if you want to do a trait, its just harder not going to college.

And game making is a reskee busness, you wont be able to make adventure games for a living, as you can clearly see theres no market for it. (big enough for EA or VU)

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives