View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #789
Junkface
Grah! Grah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Why is that?

In fact, I found In the Mood for Love far better than Days of Being Wild (which was also really good, mind you), plus 2046 is a kind of answer to In the Mood for Love.
A little late I guess, but anyway. In the Mood for Love seems to me like the least unique of Wong's films (though, running neck and neck with As Tears Go By) and the only one really that can be accussed of indulging exoticism or Orientalism. It's also a lot more accessible and straightforward then either 2046 or days of Being Wild. I found 2046 to be far more of an answer to Days of Being Wild; the structure, the voiceover, the playboy gambler, the focus on several characters, the return of Carina Lau's character, reuses of music from Days of Being Wild and other things I can't quite remember right now all point to Days of Being Wild for me. In truth, 2046 has a lot to do with both movies, but to me seems alot more at home beside Days of Being Wild. Maybe I just have a soft spot for Days of Being Wild because it was the first Wong feature I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
I just watched Crash.
On Crash, I remember the trailer being one of the most repulsive I've seen in recent memory, and that synsopsis makes me gag. Important films dealing with issues are a plague, and we all need to do our part to wipe them out.