View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Default New staff announcement

That swooshing sound you're hearing is the new revolving door we've had installed on the AG office. And who's making it swoosh, you ask? Good question!!

As much as we'd love to keep staff forever (and for some reason, the lifetime contracts signed in blood are proving staggeringly difficult to enforce), there does come a time when people move on, typically for some mundane reason called "real life". But as some go, others join, and today we're pleased to welcome four new... or two new, and two semi-new members to staff.

First timers are Chris Pickering from the UK, and Mark Hengst, from the ol' US of A. Both experienced writers and reviewers of all genres, these guys will be contributing some sizzling new articles as staff writers. On the forums, you can find them hiding behind the aliases "backdrifter" and "Hengst2404". For the life of me I can't remember which is which. If only there were some easily recognizable way to distinguish them. I'll figure it out one of these days, though.

And proving that the more things change, the more they stay the same, re-joining as a staff writer after a long absence is Johann Walter, from France. Many of you will recognize Johann as "Kurufinwe" from the boards. Johann was already beating most of the writers on word count just in forum posts alone, so we thought it was time to get him to work again for real.

Last but not least, we welcome back Mats Biström, who was here momentarily last year before running in terror to Finland's army. But he got tired of the cushy life and decided to head back to where battles are REALLY fought. That's right, here at AG. We haven't officially firmed up Mats' role yet, but there will definitely be lots of coffee fetching, yessirs, and unconditional praise involved... Wait, that can't be right... Oh, sorry, I was reading from my "tasks to spring on Mats next week" list. On the "fit for public consumption list", it says part time news updater/PR assistant. Yeah, that's it. Absolutely nobody will have heard of Mats, but he goes by the name "Mattsius" on the forums. Okay, maybe a few of you will.

I have every confidence that each of these guys will be a tremendous addition to the staff, so please welcome me in joining them! Glad to have you all.

And stay tuned for more swooshing, coming soon to an adventure site near you.