View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #37
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
When a thread goes off-topic, why not let it where it is? I mean, what's to be gained by moving it in Chit Chat?
Granted, when that happens it's usually because people have no interest in continuing the discussion, but there's no telling whether it couldn't take off again a few days later. Unless it has been moved in Chit Chat in the meantime.
Please, Ninth. Get real. That's NOT how it happens in real life. fov explained it beautifully, and as former mod here myself, your theory sounds pretty.......until you throw PEOPLE into the mix.

And as I had already stated earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep
Also, there are those of us here who are making A LOT OF UNNECESSARY WORK FOR THE MODS. Please, guys, cut it out. They are NOT getting paid for working here and they're very hardworking as it is. Try to stay on topic and be more mindful of where you choose to start a thread and be respectiful of the original topic of the thread. Thanks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien