View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 03:40 PM   #19
Stinger
Retirement is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
(BTW - on a side note, if you've all yet to try Anachronox, try it!!! It's basically a third person rpg, set in a deus ex esque world. I'm a couple of hours in, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it already. That game is definately an underdog!!)
I am also about four hours into it right now, and I think it's one of the finest games I've played in years. The story is really, really interesting, and I just think the world they've created is phenomenal. The combat is in-depth enough to make you feel like you're actually playing an RPG, but it's not so built on arcane statistics and formulas and tactics that it slows down the story. It's a game I really look forward to booting up every time I get a chance to play it, and certainly a good deal more pure fun than Broken Sword 3 (which I finished immediately before starting Anachronox). Another one of those games that you buy for $15 on a whim, sits next to the computer desk for more than a year, and then makes you say "I can't believe I waited a year to play this!"

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."