View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #96
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
Finished Day 5.
Well, I liked it. The last day was a bit of a rehash of the teddy puzzle, and though I saw the scissors, I missed the one pixel needed to pick them up.
But where on earth did they suddenly appear from. This is the part that drove me nuts first time around. I wasn't expecting any new objects to spontaneously appear this late in the game
Quote:
I needed a hint for the end sequence; it didn't occur to me to ask the Simone and Jim for help.
There is a sort of hint for the end sequence in the book telling how to summon an angry spirit. The warning at the end mentions about raising other spirits to possess those holding their possessions. I worked out the teddy bear for Matthew quite early on but it took me ages to find Sir Roderick's possession. I hadn't looked at the pictures in the fire room (which show Sir Roderick holding the gun above the fire)

Speaking of pictures, I don't think much of the art in the dining room in Day 5.

Quote:
Some unanswered questions:
- Who buried the twin's body?
- Exactly what role does the idol play?
- Is the house itself haunted? I mean it locks its own doors and windows, and the portrait changes of its own volition.
I think the idol just acts as a focus (why is another question, maybe its deformity and the twin's make a connection) and the house sealing itself is a manifestation of the angry spirit inhabiting it (the doors unseal when its shot)

But the question of the twin's burial is a good one. You don't see that on home improvement programs.
"Bathroom lacklustre? Hideous body lying around the house? Solve two problems at once by tiling the body under the floor!"
I like the closing sequence with the ritual, though I can't help thinking a ritual that requires you to arm the undead spirit needs a bit of a rewrite. You get two death options here. On your own and with company. The reaction of your companions is great. I also think the animation of the spirit rising is very effective. Slight dialogue anomaly. You can still ask Simone where the body is when its laying on the floor in front of her.

Did anyone think Trilby had died at the end. I must admit, first time round, I considered it a possibility. Glad that he got away though. Can't see how he achieved it mind.

Karmillo. This is your last chance to cite Hugo references.

Anyone up for playing 7 days a Skeptic after this?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree