View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
Tanukitsune
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune
Default Sanitarium: Plot questions.... ALL SPOILERS

I just beat the game and I wanted to discuss the plot, to see if I got what was going on and such...
Spoiler:
OK....
He crashes and enters a coma... And has amnesia, he dreams of an asylum, why, because the desease he was researching drove people mad? Or beacuse he had "things to solve" with in his mind? Im going for the second... Because he couldn't forgive himself for letting down his sister....

Is the angel representing the salvation of the kids with the disease or his wife?

The first "surreal" stage had children in it, was it a cry from him subconcious to remember that he must save the children with the cure he found, or did it also have to do with his sister?

Why were they deformed, was it his subsconcious telling him that his fellow doctor wasn't really helping them?

The circus level was there to deal with the hero guilt towards his sisters death, the mansion was "closure" (is that the right word), I think....

Then you get to see a room filled with experimented/mutilated people in it, the subconsous (meh, can't remember how to spell it) is telling him that his boss is not there to help him and he do anything to reach his goal, even if he makes others suffer...

The Grimwall/cyclops level.... I have no idea, maybe its his subconscious telling him that the doctor (entomologist) is betraying him?

The morgue level is telling him that the evil doctor is trying to kill him...

The aztec level is trying to tell him the cure...

The final level is just facing the truth, his fears, etc....

There are still things I don't get.... is his wife dead? The flashback show her with a skull, but in the ending we see him with a baby and his wife...