View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #241
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_My_Drift
12 pages of discussion but no one mentioned the puzzle that will definitely get the title of champion by all who crossed paths with it!
I'm talking about the ending puzzle of Simon 3D,
Spoiler:
where you have to open a computer's CD-ROM drive and reboot it with the disc you have in your inventory, and the way to do it is to physically open your own computer's CD-ROM drive (yes! press it's button with your finger) and the drive inside the game will also open.
ROTFL! Love it. Isn't that what men call thinking outside the box or lateral thinking, and women and children call magical thinking or intuition.

Reminds me of GAG. A parody of adventure games with annoying diskswapping problems. CD 1 is black, CD 2 is white. When it's time to annoy the hell out of me, the game shows a pic of a computer with drive etc. You click on the drive and the game shows you CD 1 sliding out and CD 2 sliding in. Except that CD 1 is white en CD 2 is black. I'm convinced that's what's causing the swapping problems. (I'm also convinced the developers had a great time switching the colors on purpose.) So I tried to fool the game by putting in black when it was showing black. But it worked. Well.... sometimes it did.

Had no problems with the Babel fish. Piece of cake. I have this theory that it's a typically female-oriented puzzle.

I also love the donkey cart puzzle in Discworld 1. Come to think of it, I love all of Discworld. The puzzles make perfect sense within that crazy world. But I kept the walkthough within arm's reach.