View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #72
Kurufinwe

Well, I've just played it. It's good. It's really good, actually. There are starting to be some challenges (which, furthermore, more or less make sense), the plot manages to both seem like it's getting somewhere, while yet getting more mysterious (and, more importantly, it's the first time I've actually started being interested in learning more about the mystery), and the plot twist is actually unexpected this time. Too bad it took two days to get there.

And so there was indeed something with the idol, it seems. It was predictable, as colpet and I said, and yet the game was sending you in a completely different direction, so it was a bit unexpected to see it return to the foreground. That's good.

Stepurhan, I now see what you meant with the dream sequences. A slight problem for me was that it was, once again, going too fast. By the time I just realised who those people lying on the floor were, the sequence was almost already over.

Oh, and the layout of the house has got even more confusing: I thought from the map that Matthew's room was overlooking the front yard, but actually it's the backyard. And what's the problem with the tree, anyway? When he actually goes from one window to the next, he stays pretty close to the wall, so I can't see how the tree could have prevented him from doing that. Oh well.

Another question: what was Matthew's teddy bear (and diary) doing in his room? I mean, didn't he die almost two centuries ago? Don't tell me nobody had used the room since then. Or had all the children in the family been using that 200-year-old teddy? Yuck. (and that would have thrown off the detector, by the way)

Oh, and since we're making hypotheses, I don't think it's Trilby who killed AJ. Though that's just a hunch, really. (and the fact that his car was brought makes me slightly doubful...)

Hey, you know what? For the first time, I'm actually really looking forward to playing the rest.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]