View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 03:21 AM   #51
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

All referencing to Kurufinwe's post above. Sorry, haven't got time to sort out the quoting.

I see what your saying about the backstory now. I'd be grateful if you'd revisit this topic after day 3 to see if that changes your view any (or if it doesn't why not) While backstory is limited I see it as a gradual progression revealing the mystery.
  • Day 1 - The house has a bad history of sudden unexplained deaths.
  • Day 2 - This all seems to date back to the mysterious disappearance of the original owner and his son.
  • Day 3 - ?

I agree with you about AJ (his disappearance at the beginning of Day 1 is impossible to justify given the layout of the house) I think having the other characters static simplifies the design issue of characters only being there when you need them. Day 1 they had to be mobile for the introductions (and so you get the disappearance syndrome) but Day 2 they can sit in one place and not create problems.

Fair comment about the order you discover things (and hence what you're expecting to do. I'm hampered here by the fact I'm replaying (so I knew the pool was key to Day 2)

Schrodinger's Mutilated Corpse would have made an interesting addition to my school physics text though.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree