View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #43
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
One of the first things I did was watch TV. I thought it odd that you couldn't talk about the news to any of the others. I would think it was natural to mention that the world outside is aware of the disappearence..
I'd never thought of that and now you mention it, it does seem strange. Unlike the problem with the order of finding people this wouldn't have needed much extra (watched TV or not watched TV) Maybe it just didn't occur to Yahtzee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Taking the creative risk of making a game set in such a small, almost claustrophobic space is a commercial risk most developers could never take - as is making the game just long enough so that it rolls forwards like an express train without the main story arc getting dull or unnecessarily complicated.
It's the very claustrophobic nature of the interiors that increase the sense of being trapped. As Snarky said, they don't take up very much of the screen but they work very effectively as a result. I think the game length is partially because its an underground game (and just produced by one person with no budget). It does work well though. There really isn't a lot in the way of unnecesary frills whereas some commercial games seem to add puzzles in to artificially increase game length.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree