View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #728
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

The last movie BoyToy and I saw was The Constant Gardner. I'm not sure if I would recommend it, though, I'm unsure what I feel about it.

The movie started out as incredibly boring (in my opinion) and I was half tempted leaving. However, the moment
Spoiler:
his wife was out of the picture (as in, backflashes stopped)
, the movie turned around and began to utilise atmospheric elements and music to create a believable and very gripping mood.

I was rather irritated by the way that the camera was used. To me, it seemed as though someone was trying to be smart with focus and defocus - it didn't add to the mood at all how the movie was filmed, if anything, it was anti-climatic.

Spoiler:
To top it off, the story was not very believable to me. I cannot imagine that corporations would be that ignorant to the power of the media that they would rather make a conspiracy for ten bucks less than bothering going back to the drawing boards with a product...

Despite that, the second half of the movie moved me greatly in parts, and the acting was superb. If it had been two movies - say, the first being a prequel or something - then I would rate the first with one star, and the second with four (of five) stars,
Spoiler:
with my only gripe being believability, though a lot of the "conspiracy" can be explained with paranoia.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™