View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 04:08 AM   #709
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Also went to see Jarhead which was a pretty decent film about the first gulf war and the frustrations of being a trained killer forced to sit and wait in the desert while the airforce wins the war.

I don't think the film is as cutting as it should have been. There were plenty of opportunities to make this a political broadside on the war and on Bush, but they chickeded out.

However the scenes when they finally go into Kuwiet are magnificent especially walking through the burning oilfields with raining oil. Everything is black except for the giant towers of fire. A stunning sight.
Im glad it didnt go too much into politics, the movie was about the soldiers and all the wanted was to get to shoot their gun.
I think if there was too much focus on bush and the other leaders behind the war it could have drawn us away from the troops.

We were supposed to see the movie from the troops point of view, and as it says at the start of the movie, their heads are jars, empty vessels

The oil scene was great, the Orange glow across the black dessert...I wish they put that in a game cause I just wanna walk through that