Thread: Movie Trivia!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 03:17 AM   #97
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

It's alive!

Quote:
3. In what mysterious, dreamlike film classic are the three main characters only known as A, X, and M?
Last Year in Marienbad, wicked film. The "A, X and M" was news to me, but I should have figured it out it anyway.

QUESTIONS:

1. During the final speech of this movie, GĂ©rard Depardieu's character gradually loses his voice. In fact, the actor really was barely able to speak after numerous reshoots, and the director decided his exhausted whisper will work great in said scene. Name the film.

2. From these clues, name the film: A man collecting insects. A house in a pit with a woman inside. Sweat. Skin. Sex. No way out.

3. Which literary character was renamed when played in a movie by Paul Newman, and why?

4. Ok. Which really famous folk singer got a small part as a CIA agent in a strange (but famous) american movie?

5. What classic Western had a "Yee Haa scene" that was talked about and imitated by characters in a later film, City Slickers?

I think the longest standing ones need some kind of hints. Here's mine to #1: after giving his moving speech, the character gets killed, in a very specific-to-his-times way.