Thread: Movie Trivia!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #91
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

About #2:

I was randomly asking a friend of mine yesterday if he knew the answer, and he said, "Silence of the Lambs right? Don't you mean a pit in a house?" Heh. I can see how people would think it is Silence of the Lambs because of the "pit with a woman inside" and the man who collects insects. But I do mean a house inside a pit, not the other way around. And sex plays a greater role in this film. Do I need to give the country of origin or some other hint? I couldn't get 12 Angry Men until AFGNCAAP elaborated so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Sounds like Fritz Lang.

Oh wait, while checking Fritz Lang death, I stumbled upon this guy:
Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau

He seems to fit the bill.
Right you are Ninth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine
Sorry for the delay, again.

3. Why was the release of Dr. Strangelove delayed for several months, and what minor change was made to the film as a result?
Kennedy assassination. I believe the change was that ridiculous text at the beginning, the disclaimer I guess one would call it.

Quote:
Hmm... So, to anybody who has seen Cyrano (I haven't): *does* Depardieu get a sore throat in the end there, too? If he does, maybe my source was wrong, or perhaps the same thing happened to him twice?
I can't remember specifically enough to say for sure. I will say that Cyrano de Bergerac was my first guess as well, but you had already told someone that was wrong. Depardieu has made a ton of films and though I've seen many, I haven't seen them all, so I can't prove or disprove any answer I may give, lol.

UPDATED QUESTIONS:

1. During the final speech of this movie, GĂ©rard Depardieu's character gradually loses his voice. In fact, the actor really was barely able to speak after numerous reshoots, and the director decided his exhausted whisper will work great in said scene. Name the film.

2. From these clues, name the film: A man collecting insects. A house in a pit with a woman inside. Sweat. Skin. Sex. No way out.

3. Name this film -

4. Ninth will provide this one soon.

5. What classic Western had a "Yee Haa scene" that was talked about and imitated by characters in a later film, City Slickers?

Last edited by Once A Villain; 01-16-2006 at 11:35 AM.