View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #31
stuboy
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGreenArt
I'd just like to point out that the term "fan game" can be interpretted to mean "game made by a fan of the genre", ie, it can just mean adventure games in general. It doesn't have to mean a specific series or character. Many people have made original adventure games because they are fans of many other adventure games.
Fair enough. But that's like saying Half-Life 2 was a Wolfenstein fangame and that Wolfenstein was a Midi Maze fan game. Nonsensical.

"You talking to me" - sorry, I posted in an old window before I read your post. Check the times

I finished playing "Enter The Matrix" today. That game was unfinished and slapdash in places, and I can honestly say I would rather have played another "Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment" or "Phleurgburg". Which one did gullible fan-boy me hand over shiny pennys for? Was it the original, well made and entertaining games, or the commercial game that was like a bad movie tribute "Max Payne" mod (With, not forgetting that ultimate indicator of gaming quality, fancy cutscenes)?