View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #29
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

To be realistic, there are commercial games that, for all their graphical prowess, sound quality and impressive cut-scenes, aren't worth your time and money. I daresay there are amateur games out there from which you can glean more enjoyment, character and story-wise than from certain commercial releases. Limiting how entertaining a game can be based on whether you have to pay for it or not is just narrow-minded. The exchange of monies does not equal quality. From what I've heard, the best sex is free.

And what it comes down to in Audio-soldier's mind, methinks, is: If you had a choice between getting a pretty commercial release with a bad story and a homely amateur release with a good story, both of them free, which one would you pick? And we all know there are ways out there to get commercial games for free, so it's not such a far-fetched question. I, for instance, dropped Runaway very early in the game. I'd venture to say that Circe du Zale (which I finished, albeit in a short time), was much more entertaining, and a far better investment of my time.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem