View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #13
ragnar
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
I've made no secret of the fact I'm a euro sceptic, so for me this is good news. Not just for sweden, but for britain as this will have a major impact on our own euro decision.

The euro and the EU are, in my opinion, flawed. The one size fits all policy and the fact that euro will force a federal europe on us worry me. Not only that, but the world is heading down the dangerous road of trade blocs (North American, European and South east Asian) which are very bad for the economically developing world. The sad thing is that pro europeans try to portray anyone euro sceptic as being extremist or xenophobic.

An interesting developement from the swedish vote is that there is a movement, in the UK at least, gathering steam to form an outer group of european countries. People want to form a trade alliance with Sweden and Denmark within the EU and Norway and other countries currently outside it, to work together on trade with the other eu countries without having to join the euro it self (or leave the EU). It seems like an interesting idea which could work well for everyone.
I agree that the EU has many flaws, but deep down I believe that cooperation is the way to go. And it is much easier to have an impact on the future of EU inside it than outside it.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony