View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #244
big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoldier
No I never have, because websites like GameSpot ensure I don't spend my money on crap.
Reviews (whether those of movies, games, or books) are the ultimate excercise in one person's subjective viewpoint. An experience will vary depending on the player's interests or even knowledge (how many of you found the Foucault reference in GTA:SA?). I'm not going to let some thirty year old reviewer with a high school education who lives in his parent's basement dictate my ultimate decision whether or not I buy a game.

And just because you've never bought a crappy professional game, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Because of the current market (the same people who watch movies for the special effects), graphics are the primary concern for any publisher. I'm guessing that you've never enjoyed a game with graphics you didn't think were good? If your argument revolves around the graphics or the technological requirements of fan games, you should revise your argument. Not everyone who sees you claim something as bad or crappy is going to automatically assume you're talking mainly about graphics (after all this forum is "adventure gamers underground"). Most adventure fan games are retro, for the reasons in my previous post (personal limitations, time, etc).

Just because you don't enjoy these games doesn't mean they're bad. That's a fallacy a lot of reviewers fall into. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of DOTT?

I think it's also funny how no one ever bashes the classics. Did Mario have bad graphics? How about Pacman? I mean, with the same technological limitations the creators faced it's possible to make much prettier graphics, but too much of the exigence is lost. The graphics weren't the point of those games.

You don't really seem to have an argument. If you dislike fan games, that's your opinion, and we can't make you change your mind. You can just go on hating them, and it's pretty pointless for you to post in here (unless a flamewar is your goal). You might as well find a forum for FPS mods and make a post telling them that mods suck and they're wasting their time...

Out of curiousity, what is your goal?

Last edited by big brother; 01-09-2006 at 01:09 PM.