View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:09 AM   #42
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
I like the capitalisation a lot.
Great! I was just going to ask what it's good for. Is it just there to make a connection with comics? Or is it trying to imply that these men from the future speak with a strange dialect? Or what?

I've played the alternate intro, and now I get it. The comicbook came with both versions of the game, right? So the player was actually expected to know a lot about the characters before starting! Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but this is a pretty radical idea. Generally, a game assumes you know nothing at the beginning, but here, we're starting from the end of a scene!

The intro music is nice. The problem with pacing is not in this version, since the intro is slow, focusing on a static (more or less) picture of the city to build atmosphere. And if I had read the comicbook before playing, I think some of my issues with the story would have been cleared up- in a comic, the reader can read slowly, or reread, or read the whole thing several times. So even though the pace is off the charts, the whole thing's perfectly clear.

The question that remains is: Why did they mess it up so badly for the CD-ROM version? The floppy is the definitive copy, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
I feel like BASS has a really well done comic feel, when you don't. How is this going to allow us to analyse anything?
Just saying "I feel like..." is not enough, in that case. I have given some examples of how the style could have been more substantial, and I would expect from you to show me why I am utterly wrong.

(By the way, when I make a point and give detailed reasons, I generally want to be proven wrong. That this was not understood is probably the source of all the confusion.)

Last edited by MoriartyL; 12-27-2005 at 01:14 AM.