View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 06:21 AM   #21
bigjko
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
(The alternate floppy intro is... interesting. It gives the very start of the game a different feeling, but I'm not sure it works that well for me.)
After playing the CD version now, and seeing the intro, I have to say that the intro didn't exactly impress me. Overly cheesy, and overly explanatory in too little time. It's like "Yeah, hey, dude. I was in this helicopter crash when I was young and then this weird dude came and adopted me and then I made this robot and then, incidentally, twenty-or-so years later, bad guys came with guns and bombs, and off I am, on another helicopter ride. Man, I hope I survive another crash."

I prefer the floppy intro (which isn't so much and intro, just starts off with a helicopter crashing). Much more mysterious. Still cliché. But it just feels less tacky. The only thing that's weird in the floppy version is his need to repair Joey, since you've never, ever seen Joey or know at all what he is.

Granted, I don't know much about the plot as a whole, but that intro doesn't feel so important.