View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
Kurufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
The trouble with getting other members of staff to comment on each game is that it requires other members of staff to have played the game. So we already need at least twice the number of review copies. And, of course, they would need to all receive advance copies when one does, or the comments wouldn't be ready on time.
You mean you people only play the games you get for free? What cheapskates!
More to the point, I wouldn't mind waiting for a few weeks for the second opinions, as I never rush to buy games anyway. And there are several much older games that I've only acquired recently. But I understand that it may be a problem for some people.

Quote:
And do you really want superfluous comments at the end of Myst reviews saying things like "Well, I hate Myst-like games, so I was never going to enjoy this one"?
Eh, why not? I'm sure there are cases where somebody may say 'I usually don't like Myst-clones, but I happened to like that one.' And that would be interesting.
And take the recent review of ATTWN, for instance. The review feels rather positive, and yet the score is not that great, so I'm not really sure what to think about that game. A few additional opinions, just saying whether, the flaws and qualities of the game being what they are, the game 'worked' for them, is something I'd be interested in. Of course, there are the forums; but there tends to be far more spoilers there.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]