View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #41
Josho
Third Guy from Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarbittar
then again, gathering all the publicity lead to the big following, and this was what ultimately saved the project. Otherwise, if we had kept the low profile, and not be known by a lot of people, we would still be shut down. Vivendi reacted directly to the press and the fans.
Cesar,

You may very well NOT have been shut down. Notice that the other fangames, all of whom are being much more circumspect about both their publicity and/or their titles, have not received C&D letters.

Quote:
Having had a change of name before wouldn’t have changed things. We would have still gone through this. The Cease and Desist would have come whether our name was King’s Quest IX or not.
Until you can (if you're allowed to) or choose to tell us what you know of why you received the C&D letter, the only evidence anyone has is that you have had to change the game's name to satisfy Vivendi...a suggestion that I'd made to you years ago, and which you replied would hopelessly confuse your fans. Think of how much less you'd have been confusing your fans if you'd done this two years ago.

Quote:
Personally, whether it’s called “King’s Quest IX” or “The Silver Lining”, I still fail to see your point.
Cesar, I warned you -- over and over -- that the name most likely WOULD matter to *Vivendi* and, lo and behold, it very clearly DID matter to Vivendi, since they are forcing you to change it. So...it really didn't matter whether or not YOU understood the point. People in the industry clearly understand it, and I regret I didn't have the words to convince you at the time, which, in the long run, might've saved you, the team, and the fans a lot of headaches.

Quote:
And by the way, Roberta has seen more than what you think she’s seen. Her blessings have come not only once, but repeatedly over the years. Both from her and from Ken. You can ask them so you are clear of doubts.
I believe you. I don't see what that changes, though, as regards this discussion.

--Josh

Last edited by Josho; 12-10-2005 at 03:23 PM.