View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #41
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

What actualy makes something Art? I never got this.
Even more, What is art?
Like, at the time being the class im in is full of the type of people who say "holywood is a crap factory, the only good movies are the Independant ones that arnt in the cinemas" so does that mean 'Independance' is art?
Does art have to be entertaining?
If something is good is it not necisseraly art?
I remember going to an art museum and looking through all the crude blobs that were supposed to represent people and objects, but then i seen work done by 'El Greco' but it wasnt the 'meaning' or whatever was behind the painting(it had a boy, a monkey and a fireman/fisherman looking at a candle or something) that interested me, it was the way he could paint light and shadows, so does that mean my mind is "shallow and unartistic" since it was just looks that gained my interest?

I could never get this stuff, I either like something or i didnt, if it was catchy, entertaining, fun or interesting I didnt care, some could make me feel happy/sad or make me think. or they could just be mindles fun. whichever way it was I feel it done what it set out to do, and if it isnt there to entertain you then whats the point?

Art shouldnt be the soul focus when your making something like this, it should come naturaly. Like take blade runner for example, at the end
Spoiler:
when the android lets go of the dove and it flies up into the the clouds opening up to reveal the blue sky
, people saw that as art but it was a mistake, Ridley never meant for it to be like that (he only had one day to finish it so when day began to break out there was nothing he could do)

So what is it that makes art art? is it the Meaning? or how the medium its based on is delivered?(such as the sound for music and visual for film/painting/photography)

and if games are seen as just different mediums of art pulled together why arnt films seen like this? after all it is just Music and photography/painting brought together. If the art in film it combineing those two effectively the wouldnt the art of games be combining these with interactivity effectivly?

God I have so many questions... i strayed off in so many directions...and Im half asleep so no doubt im gonna read over this again next morning and see something I regret

Well no turning back now..or well there was untill i pushed the submit button...or well there still is since I could delete it....or...

Quiet me

Me