View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #631
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Could you give an example in what way LOTR movies don't make sense? I don't think I've heard such a complaint before.
Well, admittedly I'm not sure that the books make sense, but let's take the random moment from the first film that finally convinced me it wasn't worth trying to follow the plot...

There's a bit where the heroes are wandering through the mountains, and Evil Christopher Lee Wizard™ magically causes an avalanche.

Now, if the guy has such extreme power of nature, why can't he uproot the trees in the fight in the forest later on in the same film?

Also, the characters in the film really do just wander to a location [cut to nice shot of New Zealand] and then say "We need to go to XXXX!", before moving on again. Possibly with a fight scene first.

I dunno; I never got more than about ten pages into the book, and the film struck me as silly, rushed and unexplained.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.