Thread: Al Emmo
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 10:54 PM   #26
Anonymous Game Creator 2

As far as hype goes, I think most people have a preconceived notion of what the game is going to be like because it's often compared to Leisure Suit Larry and Freddy Pharkus. However, it doesn't really resemble either game other than on a very superficial level (i.e. You get to flirt with some women, and it's set in the West). But that's like comparing Sex and the City to CSI: NY simply because they're both set in New York.

The game really is unique and the focus is placed more on the central character Al (and his quest at hand), rather than his environment. This will allow him to "transcend" the western setting and go on adventures in completely different places in sequels. Think of it in a similar way to an "Indianna Jones and the (insert setting here)." type of thing.

Granted, we haven't done a whole lot of PR for the game just yet because it's been hectic getting it finished up, but you'll start to hear more in-depth info about the game in coming months.

Anyhow, here's a few screenshots which I posted on the AGS forums yesterday:

This is a screengrab from one of the cutscenes:

And here's an example of a dialogue picture. (Note that the in-game lipsynched versions are much smaller):

Also, we'll be commencing beta testing very soon, so anybody who's interested should check our website at www.HimalayaStudios.com when we start taking for applications.