Thread: KQIII review
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
Kurufinwe

Default KQIII review

Really nice review, Emily! Made me want to replay the game (which I haven't in ages). I especially liked how you managed to convey that the timed parts, the numerous deaths or the spellmaking were definitely frustrating, and yet did manage to increase the tension and, somehow, enhance the game. The supporters of the so-called "pure adventures" would do well to play this game, and not as an imperfect relic from the past (a mere sketch of better things to come) but as a good game in itself, timed sequences and all.

And the conclusion on the interweaving of story and puzzles was spot on, at least for graphic adventures (I'm sure someone will be terribly outraged because you forgot to mention that this or that Infocom IF did the same thing years earlier ).

Oh, and what were you referring to when you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
One particular (and crucial) item is even worse than a pixel hunt—you literally can't see it. Even though I sort of remembered where it was from playing KQIII years ago, the game doesn't offer any clues and I ultimately had to consult a walkthrough.
?
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]