View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #8
MdaG
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Err... I'm not sure, but I would think as long as the target you're running it from is pointing to the ISO and not at your CD drive, it would work fine. I always just run VDMSound by right-clicking the .exe (or shortcut) for the game and selecting Run with VDMSound. (In other words, how would you do this if you weren't using VDMSound?)

EDIT: Let's back up a sec... why are you having to run these games from an ISO on the hard drive and not from the CD? Do the CDs not work at all under Windows?
Mainly because I want to speed up access time and my player is kind of noisy... I didn't think of running it straight from the CD though

*edit*
Tried it with my Gabriel Knight CD and is doesn't work at all. I get to see to logo and then it crashes back to the desktop. The same thing happens if try to run it without VDMsound (and using different compatibility modes). Oh well at least I know now that there's an option to DOSBox. VDMSound did however work with the Floppy version of Kings Quest VI

I would buy a DOS computer as suggested above, but today I have no room for one and I'm not sure I will have in the coming years :-(
And my girlfriend would kick my ass if I put an ugly old computer in the living room ;-)

Last edited by MdaG; 11-16-2005 at 01:30 PM.