View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:58 AM   #28
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovsmatrix
It's not about 16 : 9's look so much as it fits the shape of my widescreen TV without distorting the image. I don't like stretching the image to fill the screen, and I don't like playing in 4:3 aspect ratio with gray bars on the sides. That's my only problem, really.

I have a 65" HDTV in my living room, but I'm thinking of playing Call of Cthulhu on my 120" screen in my den, which is also 16 : 9 (though in the den I don't think I'll mind the gray bars as I won't risk burn in or anything since I'll be playing through a DLP projector). The den setup has 5.1 surround sound, where my living room doesn't, along with an external scaler that upconverts everything to 720p.
Mine's 123". What projector and screen are you using? You and I should continue to inform people about the greatness of projectors and screens. It's cheaper than a really nice HDTV, it looks just as good (arguably better for sports), and it's a lot bigger!

EDIT: By the way, DLP projectors usually have a Smart Stretch function. It creates a 16 : 9 image from a 4:3 image WITHOUT screwing everything over proportionately. Works very well.

Last edited by Once A Villain; 10-31-2005 at 11:36 AM.