View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #82
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
No offense, but if you can't be bothered to follow a thread you shouldn't really be complaining if it's closed.
I didn't mean that people would necessarily complain. I meant that they would experience the moderator action as mysterious and possibly arbitrary. This impression would then form background to how they'd interpret future actions.

My point was simply that if you're thinking "whenever we do something, it's obvious why we do it," you may be deluding yourself. I think it's often far less clear to others than it is to you.

So I encourage you: Don't assume we'll understand something you're not saying explicitly. Don't assume we'll understand something you said three weeks ago. Don't assume we'll understand something you explained in another thread. If you expect us to understand, you pretty much have to tell us right now, right here.

That's just a piece of advice. Take it or leave it.

My impression is that we're all in pretty good understanding now. I personally wouldn't mind if the discussion ended here (though that doesn't mean I think the thread should be closed).