View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #81
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
I think what we're discussing here is not justifying ourselves before a court of public opinion, where such discussions some times (ahem) get dragged out, debated and argued indefinitely - not because the ongoing argument is useful, but simply because people CAN. It's an unfortunate reality, but it's the real reality.
Heh! Sorry, I really like that this thread has in fact now included both sides of the "town cop" coin. Mods mod excessively because they can, readers drag discussions off into argumentative oblivion ad nauseum because they can.

Fortunately, to me, neither of those claims sound like the AG forum. They sound 100% like the reader/mod dynamics of the worst web forums I've visited, but it really doesn't accurately describe AG's community to me at all. Sure, it happens every now and then (the occasional occurrance is pretty inevitable, we are all human beings after all), but it's not the prevailing attitude or MO of the readers of the mods around here, I don't think.