View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #66
Fum
Indegan Peningald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
So Fum, what then exactly was the point of you posting what you posted to start this thread? I'm confused. If you were simply worried that this forum will go the way all those other forums under 'your syndrome' went, then you have nothing to worry about, it never has and never will. It's too laid back, as was stated, to go there. If you can't take my word for it, go by the behaviour of the mods and staff here for the next year or whatever span of time.
I posted the thread because I was a little bit worried, I've been lurking around here a long, and maybe I'm just looking at things through "rose colored glasses," but I have seen some inflammatory and slightly elitist posts from some of the moderators lately, and I don't remember seeing any of that back in the day. But as I've stressed, it has all been very minor. I also posted the thread because, yes, I was a little irritated with tobacco arbitrarily closing the "Friends and Fables" topic; sure it probably wasn't going to go anywhere, but it was active and we were all having fun, and no one was breaking any rules. But most of all I posted it because I was just bored at the time, honestly. I admit I was surprised by some of the posts implying me bringing this up was a big deal, 'cause I don't think it's a big deal at all, not my worries nor my bringing them up.

And at least for me this has been a helpful discussion, I feel better having said all I have said.

By the way, give it a read, SamNMax, I’m really a pretty good writer, I must say.