View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #30
Fum
Indegan Peningald

Do you really think my post was "destructive criticism," Jackal? I really was thinking this is a discussion that we should have in the open, because of late there have been quite a few cases where it really seemed a wall was being built between the moderators and the regular visitors. There have been many others in the past, but this one is honestly the quote that made me think it'd be helpful to bring this up:

Tobacco when he closed the Fahrenheit=LSL: Magna Cum Laude thread: "SJH: You're not a mod. I'd rather you didn't tell our mods to 'step back and breath.'"

It wasn't the Friends and Fables thread that caused me to write all this up, but this simple reply, because I know I've seen vaguer examples in the past, and this kind of attitude can really divide a community. I've seen it happen before. I think squarejawhero made a really good post that had the potential to bring the thread back on track, but instead of being commended, I thought Tobacco was pretty rude to him. He's not allowed to try and help because he doesn't happen to have moderator privileges? I don't know if there is some history between squarejawhero and Tobacco, but this just really didn't seem helpful at all, and I doubt it made squarejawhero too happy.

I've been visiting this website since long before the extra "s," and even though my post count is low, I've enjoyed reading the threads greatly, and I really put a lot of effort in my original post to try and be constructive.

The truth of the matter is I don't even agree with some of the implied points I made earlier, I just think this is an issue that would benefit all to have it discussed and settled in the open.