View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 06:13 AM   #11
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Good point.

For future reference, the current mods on this forum are me, VoodooFX, and Dale Baldwin. There are other people on staff who have mod privileges and sometimes step in to help out (and it's a good thing, because too much happens around here for three people to handle it all), but it's the three of us who make a living at it. If you are having an issue that you want to bring to a mod's attention, you can start by PMing one of us. I'll see about making this info more prominent on the forum somewhere.
Ok. I'm still perplexed, though. Let's say that I was Fum, that Tabacco had closed a thread after a somewhat dry reply, and that I didn't like it (I'm not saying that's what happened, even though that's how I myself interpreted Fum's starting this thread, it's just an example). What should I do?
A. Nothing. (but that's probably not that good, as far as the overall "ambiance" is concerned, if people hold grudges against the power that be)
B. PM Tabacco. But I don't feel like I know him well enough for me to send him a mail saying that I'm not happy with what he did, plus, as far as I know, he's the ultimate forum authority, which is rather intimidating.
C. PM one of you three mods. But wouldn't it sound whiny, like "mom, the bad man yelled at me!!!"
D. Start a thread, which (in my opinion, of course) at least gives everyone the opportunity to express themselves, especially the people who feel concerned by this issue.