View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #79
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
But what I don't understand is why he is being totally flakked all the time.
Because he played the fans and media, plain and simple. Whether he fully intended to or not, he's reaping what he sowed. Trust is a foolish thing to burn by running your mouth. And frankly, "all the time" is completely exaggerated. The only reason THIS conversation is happening is because he's boasting about more of his lies. Well. If it's publicity he wanted with that, that's what he's getting. If it's affection, he'd better keep re-thinking his strategy until he gets it right.

Quote:
Then why the hell aren't we supporting a company that -if still finding its way- is extremely enthusiastic and genuinely caring about games (i.e., NOT in it for the money)?
There's nothing to support or not support. Bad Brain hasn't produced a single thing. We're just talking, just like Wolfgang. If they ever actually publish something, and people talk about boycotting, THEN you'd have a case to talk about support.

Quote:
If you want every decision tippy-top and churned out by a board of executives -if you want professionalism to the point that it loses every charm- then by all means, go to the hojillion-dollar megacorps. But if not, if you can see the distinct charm of imperfection and beginning enthusiasm, you may want to give Bad Brain a tip of your hat instead of wiping your feet on it.
Those are our two choices? Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb? How about we keep demanding that every company operate with some integrity, and hold them accountable when they don't? I'm kinda liking that idea.