View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 04:03 AM   #9
Mattsius
Mostly absent

I'm also very disappointed of the outcome of the election.
I know that I don't live in Sweden so it's not really my business, but hey, I travel to Sweden at least two to three times a year and firstly it's a pain in the ass to have to change currency when you just take a days trip to your neighbor country and secondly it would be much easier to compare different stuffs prizes in Sweden in comparison with Finland's prizes if Sweden also would have the euro.
I know that this is just a little, selfish statement, but one must be a bit selfish once in a while.

As far as I'm concerned the Swedes who voted no just made a mistake. Not a huge one, but a mistake nonetheless. In the couple of years coming up Swedes probably won't even notice any negative effects in their economy, but when five or ten years have passed and the Baltic states have joined EMU and possibly Denmark and/or Poland also, the choice they made yesterday will have effects on Sweden's economy, and those effects won't be positive.
This is of course speculation on my behalf, because it's of course very hard to predict what's going to happen in the future, but this is just my assessment of the situation.