View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
2) What exactly are the flaws you experienced in the game that would give it such bad reviews? Are some sections so bad as to make the game unplayable?

It's really not that bad a game - it got some reasonable reviews here in the UK. As for the flaws, here are some of the ones I noticed:

The shooting sections (and to a lesser extent the beat-em-up sections) don't work very well; they're techincally flawed.

The game suffers from a lack of focus near the beginning - you're given a vague idea of your mission, but I was never entirely sure where I was supposed to be going.

Unskippable cutscenes.

Save points. And limited save tokens.

None of these problems are actually that bad, with the possible exception of the second point. If you hack the game to get unlimited save tokens then you can play without having to worry about that aspect, and the cutscenes are only annoying if, like me, you keep restarting the game to play for a little while. The lack of focus annoyed me, but I mean to play the thing through with a walkthrough at some point. Maybe then I'll actually complete the thing ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.