Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #33
CrimsonBlue

Response to trepsie: True, what I want in rpgs is emotionally involving storylines, excellent atmosphere and a great soundtrack. I guess that's why I usually enjoy games like Final Fantasy more than games like KOTOR - I just find most western rpgs more cold and stale compared to japanese/eastern rpgs.

I loved Planescape: Torment, because it reminded me more of an adventure game than an rpg, and Neverwinter Nights just sucked me in with it's fantastic atmosphere. It also had enough freedom to make things interesting. I completed both KOTOR games, but generally I loved them for the setting, not for the gameplay - which wasn't as polished as it should. I guess it's the exploration aspect that kept me from losing interest. Maybe some parts of the story, the curiousity in me is strong.

I'm not a Star Wars nut either, I like the films but that's about it. I'm not sure if the game had interested me if it hadn't been a Star Wars game though, even if I never buy other SW games. The fact that it was one of the few good SW games and probably the first SW RPG made me interested. And I will most definately buy KOTOR 3 if it happens to come out someday.