Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #27
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
I love console exclusives. A stable platform to release to makes for more stable games. No patching, better Q/A, no tweaking, no ****ing about with video settings for that happy mix of visuals versus frames for every single bloody game. No reverting or updating drivers for my particular hardware to enable a particular feature or disable a particular incompatibility error. That rules.

Then theres the DVD (or even higher) standards... I get awesome sound, stunning quality videos rather than shitty compressed ones, I put the disc in and play, I don't sit in front of a status bar for 15 minutes to start with and I don't have to change discs mid game.

Multiplayer = even playing field. I don't have to have a bleeding edge system to be on the same handicap as every PC nut out there on the virtual battlefield. That's the sweetest plum. The consoles are a lot harder to cheat on (its never impossible). If someone wants to cheat on them they have to be very dedicated to it, not just some whiny shithead who downloaded the latest wall hack. Blessed be.

The more former PC developers brining me great games on a console the better. In the long run I save money on PC hardware and get all the above benefits. I don't buy into that 'dumbed down for console market' shit one iota. That's just PC fanboi angst.
Just like you love playing on the console I love playing on my PC. I don't know what's your background in gaming (if you are a console or PC gamer), but I grew up playing PC games, and my fondest memories are playing PC games.

I love having a machine that is backward compatible up to 20 years back, and not with only the best selling franchises. I love having an all purpose machine that serves to write word documents, emails, my job and gaming all in one, instead of cluttering my apartment with multiple consoles that can play a selective amount of games each. I love the option of installing mods for free, and not having to pay for them, so that a money hungry corporation can increase its monopoly and profits. I love playing online and not having to pay a monthly fee for it. I enjoy paying 29.99 for a game whereas console owners pay 49.99 for an inferior version of it. I love being able to download demos and not having to buy a 6 dollar magazine to try them. And cheating? You gotta be kidding me. One word for you Halo 2.

I really don't care if a game is available for all consoles or not, as long as it is also available for the PC. I like the option of deciding whether I want to buy a console or not, and not force it down my throat because all my favorite developers are making games for consoles. It's like telling a Nintendo fan that Mario is coming out for the XBOX exclusively. How would that make them feel?

Firefox rules