View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #95
Fum
Indegan Peningald

I wonder if maybe Vivendi closed this down - and not the other fan games based off Sierra brands - because this one, simply, was starting to look too professional. This may also explain the apparent lateness of this C&D order. I mean, you look at most other fan games today, and it is clear from their - by today's standards - poor 2D VGA graphics what they are: fan made games. But this game, to someone new to the amateur development scene, could've been mistaken as a "legitimate" King's Quest 9. Because really, this game clearly is technically superior to King's Quest 8, so it is not hard to imagine that someone could've thought that this was a "real" sequel. And maybe Vivendi realized this just recently – perhaps partly due to the trailer - and maybe that is why this game has gotten the red light and the other ones mentioned have not.

Regardless of any of this, or any of the legal or moral shit, I'm still pissed; I was really looking forward to this game. I really hope the development team finds some way for all the content they've worked on to not go to waste.