View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #54
Kirk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
I read about this on another forum, really....it was coming and they knew it. They shouldnt have assumed that vivendi wouldnt come after them. They should have either gotten permission or not have started at all.
Yeah. I always think it is a great idea to avoid starting any project if it has the possibility of being shut down. Why take the risk? Why be adventurous and take the gamble? It's just too dang silly to think that amateurs dared to face legal conflict.

If I had the chance, I would have never started making a fan game--especially since Vivendi has plans to release a collectors box set of the King's Quest series.

Um...now to be serious. They knew they were taking a chance by creating this game. To go further and say that they--in essence--got "what they deserved" is just plain backwards. I, for one, see Vivendi's late decision to shut down KQIX production as a cheap shot. Sorry, but a big, bad company like Vivendi should be a little ashamed. If their not, then I'll have to post those pictures I found of it on-line.

Maybe then they'll turn a little red in the face.

Kirk