View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 05:18 AM   #40
Josho
Third Guy from Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh
They had no right to do it. That was the first fan-game I was going to play! I say f*ck them, proceed with the project. What can they do? I don't believe they can sue, because this is not an official release.
I find it frightening that you feel that a company has no right to defend its copyrights. If Roberta Williams owned the copyright herself, would you feel that SHE had the right to prevent others from ripping off their copyrights? Is it simply the fact that Vivendi is a large company that makes you feel they should not have the final say about their intellectual property?

And what in the world constitutes an official release? The KQIX project had its own website, its own newsletter, released a trailer, and widely publicized its existence. In effect, they not only thumbed their noses at the real copyright holders, but, in fact, did it as publicly and frequently as possible. That is asking for trouble.

There is much to be said for keeping a low profile when you're planning to do something illegal.

--Josh