View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #8
austin2359

Quote:
Are they going remodel all the locations too?
That hurts them a lot if it is the same part of the land of the Green Isles as it was in King's Quest VI. If they just have called it "the land of the green isles" but it doesn't resemble the original, they are in better shape. They can use many of the ideas and concepts that would have gone into KQIX in the new game, probably salvaging 60-70% as my rough estimation just based on common sense and nothing more. Of course I don't know the plot specifically so I can't make an estimation as well as they could. But I'm sure if you are tricky about it, you can save a lot of the concepts and even a signigant amount of the drawings.

As far as dialogue that probably won't be as difficult, because I doubt they are referring to other KQ people's lines every other line. Look at any King's Quest game such as KQ5. I realize Graham does refer to his family a few times especially near the end, but I would bet most of his lines don't. I don't see why this game would be different in that respect except maybe that it is being developed by different people.

Although for that owl they would maybe have to reprogram the word "Graham" to something else and insert it into the audio resources by hand because he says it a lot. That would be easier than re-recording each one.

Last edited by austin2359; 10-06-2005 at 02:38 PM.