View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 06:14 AM   #10
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Thanks guys/gals. I do hope people will find it helpful in ways that maybe a non-adventure gamer perspective might overlook.

The game definitely deserves to be lauded for its vision and pure audacity to be different. I don't know how Quantic managed to convince not one publisher but TWO to support its development, but I'm glad someone's still out there pushing boundaries.

To be honest, though, I'm finding some of the other reviews out there to be overrating the game itself. Not by much, but a little too willing to gloss over some pretty relevant issues. I did try to be a little more balanced without being unduly harsh. This is one game where a review is better off with no score at all, because it's less of a 4-star game than a game with lots of 5-star components and a few 2-star aspects, and when it all comes out in the wash, ended up a 4.

As for the action sequences, as the review says, regular action gamers will certainly get through them, but many adventure-ONLY gamers will not. Plain and simple, end of story. Anyone who disagrees spends too much time on AG's forums and not enough in the larger "ag" community. I can't tell people what side of the line they belong on, but I tried to describe where the line IS as clearly as I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Didn't like the phrases concerning hybrids and (hardcore)adventure gamers
I don't follow. What don't you like about them? Not enough vowels? Too guttural? Honestly, what's the complaint?