View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #306
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
It's just fashionable to enjoy tedious, badly-paced, plotless movies with a few fancy camera angles, isn't it .

j/k
Bah, you aren't joking. You believe that don't you? If I threw holy water on you, you'd probably start steaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
I still get the impression no one is getting my point... I prefer movies like City of the Lost Children over 2001 AND T2.
City of Lost Children is pretty cool. Jean-Pierre Jeunet is definitely a talented filmmaker. He's hit or miss, but when he hits, it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
I prefer any of these three films over T2 but not over 2001. Still no glomping for me.
Ditto. I must say I really love Roger Ebert's take on 2001 which he sums up well in these two sentences:

What Kubrick had actually done was make a philosophical statement about man's place in the universe, using images as those before him had used words, music or prayer. And he had made it in a way that invited us to contemplate it -- not to experience it vicariously as entertainment, as we might in a good conventional science-fiction film, but to stand outside it as a philosopher might, and think about it.

Last edited by Once A Villain; 09-14-2005 at 12:42 PM.