View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:00 PM   #249
Melanie68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
That's the one. It's actually like watching an old '80's cop movie with extra class. It's pretty nasty in places too, but has some nice, affecting acting. Great action too, and well filmed. I really recommend it for some proper Chan moviemaking, rather than some of the dross he's been releasing in the states. One fantastic sequence has the actors falling at speed down the side of a skyscraper, which is pretty incredible as it's a physical stunt.

I feel sorry for the actors and actresses in it, as apparently their agent is a real mobster. Word has it he treats them like crap and also makes the females in his employ perform sex acts to him... bastard. Which kind of made it hard to enjoy the movie.

That said, Nicholas Tse is revelation and the baddies are real nasty. It's an action movie with a heart, and I really enjoyed it.
I had never heard of that series of movies (I Googled to get the IMDB page). Thanks for the info. You, Ninth and Once a Villian should seriously consider having your own permanent thread where you hand out movie advice.

(must get new DVD player )