View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #69
syntheticgerbil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho
Then there was the wonderful story about the battery-operated bunny in SQ4. Our legal department (we actually had one by then) wrote a letter to Duracell to secure their permission to use the bunny. We never heard back from them, so the legal department, feeling it had done due diligence, assumed it was okay to use it. So the game was released. Shortly thereafter, we got a letter from the Energizer people (Energizer batteries are made by Everready, not Duracell), saying, "Excuse us...?" Sierra ended up having to hastily negotiate the rights to the bunny after the fact. Fortunately, I think we were able to demonstrate that this was good publicity for them, and the settlement was very low.
--Josh
Thanks for filling me in, Mr. Mandel. I was wondering if you saw this secret room that was found recently in Space Quest 4 when you originally wrote a few things for it? It's on this page, at the end:
http://www.spacequest.net/sq4/cancelled/
The Dacron Danny thing is cool too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I have seen another CD game at Goodwill more than once called Space Quest, that's some kind of educational game. I never looked too closely but wondered why Sierra hadn't taken action against that. Now I wonder if it was put out by the children's museum.
That's weird. Maybe it had something to do with a planetarium...