View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 08:01 AM   #68
fov
Rattenmonster

God, those stories are great. It's nice to hear that things fell through the cracks at Sierra the way they do at most companies. I especially like the bunny story.

Wonder if anyone held on to any of those Keeping Up with the Joneses games, for collector's value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil
Well, if you have the Space Quest Collection, the last updated collection done, it does say they own the rights all over the case and the CD.
I don't own that. I have boxed copies of Space Quest II and the VGA remake of SQ1, and I don't see mention of it on either of these, so maybe it hadn't become an issue yet. Copyright on the SQ1 VGA is 1991. On the front of the box Space Quest has a "registered trademark" symbol next to it and on the back it says that symbol means "a registered trademark of, or licensed to, Sierra On-Line, Inc." So maybe it had been licensed. On the Space Quest II box (1987), Space Quest has a TM after it, which means it's a trademark, but not a registered trademark. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

I have seen another CD game at Goodwill more than once called Space Quest, that's some kind of educational game. I never looked too closely but wondered why Sierra hadn't taken action against that. Now I wonder if it was put out by the children's museum.