View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 09:30 AM   #23
gillyruless

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
And, you get to see Julianne Moore's firery red bush in it.
Spoken like a true connoisseur, Tempsie.

More from me.

Manhattan - IMO, Manhattan is easily Woody Allen's best movie. Even though the film is in B&W, NYC is lovingly presented in the film and you can tell that Woody Allen adores New York. The movie's also very funny, intelligent, and features sparkling dialogue. It's a true demonstration of how great of a writer Woody Allen is when he's on. He won the awards with Annie Hall but Manhattan is better in my book. I wish they could have waited a bit and gave him awards for Manhattan. I have a penchant for romantic comedy and Manhattan is by far the best romantic comedy ever created. There's the whole thing about Woody Allen's character, whose name is Isaac (you can't imagine a more fitting name for a NY Jew than Isaac!), having an affair with a 17 year-old girl. Don't let that distract you though, Manhattan is intelligent, funny, romantic. and beautiful all at once.

Finding Never Land - It was nominated for 7 Oscars and I for one think that all of the nominations were much deserved. This movie established Johnny Deep as the most prominent actor of his generation. Kate Winglet and Radha Mitchell also turn in a good performance. It really is fascinating and touching to see how JM Barrie's relationship with Kate Winslet's character's four young sons inspires the creation of timeless classic like Peter Pan. A real winner.

Last edited by gillyruless; 07-14-2005 at 11:20 AM.